THE DEMOCRATS CORRUPTION BOILS OVER CREATING MORE MAYHEM FOR AMERICA
by Diane Scherff
What a week! Supreme Court Justice Ruth Ginsburg passes, President Trump and the Republicans plan to announce her replacement this Saturday, Pelosi and Schumer call for impeachment (again) if Republicans do move forward, a recent U.S. Senate report reveals shocking details about the “illicit and corrupt activities” of Hunter Biden and the recurring violent protests get a shot of steroids shooting two Louisville police officers after the Breonna Taylor Grand Jury decision.
There has been an open supreme court seat in a Presidential election year (or in a lame-duck session before the next presidential inauguration) 29 times in US history. Dan McLaughlin wrote in the National Review, “The president made a nomination in all twenty-nine cases…19 times between 1796 and 1968, presidents have sought to fill a Supreme Court vacancy in a presidential-election year while their party controlled the Senate and ten of those nominations came before the election in which nine of the 10 were successful.” President Trump should nominate his pick and the Senate must confirm his nomination before the election…it’s THEIR JOB TO DO SO.
Nancy Pelosi claims she will impeach the President if he moves forward with this nomination but she doesn’t have the power to do anything about the SCOTUS choice nor have impeached for his actions in choosing one. Chuck Schumer claims that, “the US Senate has never confirmed a Supreme Court Justice this close to an election before,” but that is not true. President Dwight D. Eisenhower named William J. Brennan for a U.S. Supreme Court vacancy through a recess appointment shortly before the 1956 presidential election. President Trump has the constitutional right to nominate and the Senate can confirm a supreme court justice before an election, regardless of how many days are left.
For months the nation has waited to hear about the findings of an investigation into Hunter Biden’s escapades with the Ukrainian Energy Firm Burisma and now we know…Hunter profited while his Father Joe Biden was in charge of policy in Ukraine and Joe and Obama officials knew that Hunter’s position would undermine foreign policy. Sean Hannity asks, “”Why did you allow your son to use your position as vice president as leverage to make millions of dollars from sketchy oligarchs [in] Russia, China, Ukraine, all over the world? Did you make any money from these deals?
“According to the report,” Hannity added, “Hunter actually raked in a whopping $3.5 million from the wife of the former mayor of Moscow — as in Russia — via a wire transfer. Hunter also opened a joint bank account with a Chinese national in order to fund a $100,000 shopping spree for members of his family. And that’s not all.”
The 87-page report states, “in October 2015, senior State Department official Amos Hochstein raised concerns with Vice President Biden, as well as with Hunter Biden, that Hunter Biden’s position on Burisma’s board enabled Russian disinformation efforts and risked undermining U.S. policy in Ukraine.”
And then the chaos continues as the three police officers involved in the death of Breonna Taylor (who was shot in Louisville, KT in March) were not charged with her death. Tragic as her death was, they were not in the wrong. The two officers who actually shot Ms. Taylor a total of six times were not charged because they fired after Taylor’s boyfriend Kenneth Walker in the apartment fired at them first. The indictment does pose three counts of wanton endangerment, not homicide, against Brett Hankison, then a detective (since fired), whose firing put neighbors in harm’s way but did not kill the young woman. Police had a “no-knock” warrant but knocked loudly regardless, heard by a neighbor, yet Taylor’s boyfriend fired at them anyway, which caused the officers to shoot back, killing Taylor. The officers were doing their job executing a lawful search warrant at a location tied to Taylor’s ex-boyfriend, who was a wanted criminal. It was a confusing and sad situation, but not the fault of the officers, yet their lives have been changed forever.
Let’s hope that next week is better…
RESPECTING OUR GREAT CONSTITUTION
by Robert Blau
The great political storm caused by the passing of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has inflicted upon us all sorts of wild accusations and doomsday scenarios, put forward by leading Democrats, other leftist public figures, and the mainstream media. Although some of these include some threats of violence, more commonly they are threats to our constitutional checks and balances. Let’s take the accusations and threats one by one:
1. “The President should not nominate a Supreme Court Justice in an election year.” There is no constitutional basis for this argument, as Article II Section 2 says: “(The President) shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the Supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States,..” President Trump’s decision to put forth a nominee and the Senate’s decision to act on it are clearly within their scopes of responsibility. There is no doubt that Democrats would do the same if they held the White House and a Senate Majority.
2. House Speaker Pelosi threatened to impeach President Trump as a punishment for nominating a replacement for Justice Ginsberg. Article II Section 4 states that The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors. It is patently obvious that President Trump, acting in conformity with Article II, Section 2 of the constitution is not committing a high crime or misdemeanor. More to the point, the House of Representatives has no part to play in the confirmation of a nominee for the Supreme Court.
3. Many Democrats are threatening to “pack the court,” that is, add more Justices to the nine that have been the magic number since 1869. Article III Section 1 re. the Judiciary does not specify how many justices there should be: “The judicial Power of the United States, shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior Courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The Judges, both of the supreme and inferior Courts, shall hold their Offices during good behaviour (meaning for life)… But history teaches us that this is a terrible idea. President Franklin Roosevelt tried adding six seats to the high court in 1937, at the beginning of his second of four elected terms. His sky-high personal popularity could not overcome the overall national revulsion at the idea, including strong opposition by the then sitting judges on the Supreme Court. Ruth Bader Ginsberg herself was on record opposing any initiative to pack the court. This political cartoon reflects the 1937 public view of FDR’s scheme:
Despite the ugly FDR-era history, the Democrats could make a run at this in 2021, provided they win both the House and the Senate. Their tactics of late have been: “If we lose the game, then change the rules.” Mail-in ballot harvesting and registration of illegal immigrants are other such maneuvers to change the rules.
4. Yet another way to change the rules would be to add Washington DC and Puerto Rico as full-fledged states. These are two jurisdictions that are overwhelmingly Democrat-majority, so the consequence would be to add four Democrats to the roster of the U.S. Senate, plus as many Democrats in the House as would be warranted by the population census. As with packing the court, this is more of a political issue than a constitutional one: Article IV Section 3 says: “New states may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.”
5. Lastly, many Democrats, bothered by their recent presidential candidates winning the popular vote but losing the election (Gore in 2000, Hillary in 2016), have threatened to abolish the electoral college. This would be nearly impossible, as the electoral college is set forward in Article II of the constitution, so would require an amendment to undo it. Article V: “The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress.” Three-fourths of 50 would be 38 states. In the 2016 election, Hillary Clinton only won 20 states. Very unlikely that “red” states that voted for Trump would elect state legislatures geared up to ratify an amendment to do away with the electoral college.
BOTTOM LINE: Fill the seat!
FROM THE WHITE HOUSE 9.24.20
ohnson & Johnson Launches Massive Human Trial of COVID-19 Vaccine
“Johnson & Johnson launched a massive human trial of its coronavirus vaccine [today], paving the way for another option as the U.S. preps an immunization campaign to defeat the pandemic,” Tom Howell Jr. reports for The Washington Times.
“The Trump administration, through its ‘Operation Warp Speed,’ is offering unprecedented support to private drugmakers as it tries to lock down a successful vaccine before the end of the year.”
Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine candidate is the fourth to enter Phase 3 clinical testing.
Click here to read more.
“White House adviser Ivanka Trump and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross will present the inaugural Pledge to America’s Workers Presidential Awards to companies including Volkswagen Group of America and Lockheed Martin at the White House [today] . . . Most of the recipients have pledged to offer thousands or hundreds of thousands of training opportunities,” Evie Fordham reports for Fox Business.
“President Trump signed an executive order expanding a ban on government agencies receiving sensitivity training involving critical race theory to federal contractors . . . The executive order says the government has prohibited federal contractors from ‘engaging in race or sex discrimination and required contractors to take affirmative action to ensure such discrimination does not occur,’” Mark Moore reports in the New York Post.
MORE: President Trump is Fighting Division in Our Federal Workplaces
“U.S. Attorney General William Barr lauded the efforts of law enforcement officers in Operation Legend on Tuesday as new charges were brought against 26 people who were allegedly involved in a violent drug ring out of Milwaukee . . . Operation Legend has led to 3,500 arrests—about 200 of which, were for homicide,” Bradford Betz reports for Fox News.
WEEKLY POLL ANALYSIS
by Diane Scherff
ABC/Washington Post Poll 9.23:
According to new ABC and Washington Post polls out this week, president Trump is up 4 percentage points over Joe Biden among likely voters in Florida and in Arizona, he was up 1%! The poll showed President Trump at 51% with Biden at 47% in Florida and 49% for President Trump and 48% for the former Vice President in Arizona. Last week, the numbers were tied in Florida so the President is moving up.
These polls were conducted by telephone September 15-20, among a random sample of adults in Florida and Arizona, including subsamples of registered voters and likely voters for the fall presidential election.
A statement put out by the poll states the importance of the pandemic and the economy;
“As in the previous states and nationally, views of the economy’s condition and worries about catching the virus both independently predict candidate support, even controlling for partisanship, ideology and race/ethnicity. Were either economic or pandemic views to shift in the campaign’s closing weeks, the impact could be decisive.”
President Trump’s numbers with the Black and Hispanic communities are rising but not so with seniors in Florida. This may be due to Biden’s recent TV ads that say President Trump is planning to end Social Security. Of course, it is a lie but seniors are scared.
The Methodological details of this poll are as follows:
‘The Washington Post-ABC News 2020 battleground state surveys are based on random sample telephone interviews with adults, registered voters and likely voters in selected states. The poll was jointly funded by The Post and ABC News. Sampling, fieldwork and data processing by Abt Associates of Rockville, MD.’
St Johns County Voter Registration Totals
TRUMP GRASSROOTS TEAM FLORIDA CULTIVATES 2016 TRUMP CAMPAIGN LEADERS
As the 2016 SJC Trump Campaign Chair, I was asked to participate in a new grassroots group added to help President Trump win in Florida. Our team of 2016 leaders and volunteers will help the local RPOF/REC teams get the job accomplished. Here are a couple of points:
- Due to COVID, President Trump will be holding smaller group events in the state
- We have launched the largest Poll Watching Operation in Campaign history. We will need to train over 10,000 poll watchers in FL for Early Voting and Election Day.
- We also need a team of volunteers to call absentee voters who have unmatched signatures, wrong information, etc so they can be corrected and counted.
In order to make sure everyone that wants to volunteer to be a poll watcher is correctly trained, certified, and scheduled, the campaign has created a sign up site at DefendYourBallot.com and this site will make sure all of the legal entities have the information. For more information, visit the Upcoming Events section of our Home Page. Click on the link Volunteer Poll Watchers Needed. Become part of the ELECTION DAY TEAM.
We must show our support for
REPUBLICANS running for Congress in Florida!
Click on the link to see all the congressional races in Florida
YOUNG CONSERVATIVE BROTHERS!
There is a new Conservative Activist group on YouTube. Their Youtube Channel is Young Conservative Brothers. “As Americans and seeing our country move to Socialism, we deem it’s important to put conservative views on top news and controversial topics.”
Let’s support these young conservative brothers!
Thanks to Elvira Hasty and the women of Ponte Vedra for putting this card together!